Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Authorfy is an award-winning online platform providing access to an extensive bank of author videos and book-related teaching resources that promote reading and writing for pleasure for KS1 – KS3 pupils. These include:
- Author Masterclasses: in-depth conversations with best-selling authors about the inspiration and writing process for a specific title. Masterclasses include 10-12 videos, writing challenges, a downloadable extract and a scheme of work.
- Author of the Week: short videos where authors introduce and read an extract from their latest book. New authors are featured every week or you can search the Author Introductions for a specific author or topic.
- 10 Minute Challenges: best-selling authors and illustrators set fast-paced creative challenges based on their books.
- Classroom Resources: downloadable extracts and cross-curricular schemes of works created with teachers based on best-selling titles.
Cost: £30 per year for unlimited access.
About Authorfy: Authorfy was set up as a way of inspiring young readers and writers, supporting teachers, and promoting children’s books and their authors. It creates original author videos and book-related teaching resources.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- A great way to bring authors into the classroom and inspire young readers and writers.
- The videos and resources cover a wide range of authors and genres, including poetry and non-fiction.
- Download free letters from a selection of authors and illustrators to bring authors to life in your classroom.
- Explore the Author Events section of the website for a database of authors, illustrators and poets that do school events.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!