Resource type: Literature Festival
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
The Baillie Gifford Schools Programme is a free book festival for primary and secondary schools. The programme of live readings, interviews and workshops will run from Monday 22nd to Tuesday 30th August 2022, and includes a climate change-themed Primary Gala Day on Tuesday 30th August. Events are available to attend in-person and live online.
With events exploring a range of contemporary topics and curriculum-led subjects, the programme provides access to some of the biggest names writing for children and young people today. Authors for the 2022 programme include Dean Atta, Pamela Butchart, Maisie Chan, Patrice Lawrence, M G Leonard, Serena Patel, Jason Reynolds and Sam Sedgman. For the full line-up of authors and timings for individual events, click here.
Booking for in-person events opens on 3rd May via an online booking form and closes on June 14th. To book an online event you will need to set up a free online account. Online bookings are open from 8th June up to the day of your chosen event. If you can’t join the live event, there is also an on-demand facility.
About Baillie Gifford Schools Programme: The Baillie Gifford Schools Programme is the schools outreach programme for the Edinburgh International Book Festival, the world’s largest public celebration of the written word.
- All pupils attending an in-person event will receive a free book related to the event.
- Schools watching events online can enter a competition to win a set of books by authors appearing in the 2022 Baillie Gifford Schools and Children’s Programme for their school library. The deadline for entry is Friday 12th August.
- UK schools can take advantage of a 25% discount at the Book Festival Online Bookshop for all books featured in the Baillie Gifford Schools and Children’s Programmes until the end of September. Click here for details.
- Learning resources for each event will be available to download from the website.
- Find more literature festivals with dedicated schools programmes here.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!