Barnes Children’s Literature Festival Schools Programme
Resource type: Literature Festival
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): England - Greater London
Barnes Children’s Literature Festival is London’s largest dedicated children’s literature festival. Alongside the ticketed weekend Family Festival, it offers a free Schools Programme for state-funded primary schools. This year’s BCLF Schools Programme will run from Thursday 18th May – Friday 23rd June 2023 across a number of London boroughs.
The stellar line-up for this year’s programme of 25+ in-person events includes Dapo Adeola & Nathan Bryon, Rob Biddulph, Jasbinder Bilan, Emma Carroll, Frank Cottrell-Boyce, Joseph Coelho, Hannah Gold, Vashti Hardy, Serena Patel, Onjali Q Rauf, Joshua Seigal, Nadia Shireen, Piers Torday and Ross Welford. Visit the BCLF website for details of all the events.
- Tower Hamlets – Thursday 18th and Friday 19th May.
- Kingston – Tuesday 13th June.
- Wandsworth – Thursday 15th and Friday 16th June.
- Twickenham – Monday 19th June.
- Barnes – Wednesday 21st – Friday 23rd June.
Bookings open on Thursday 23rd February 2023.
About Barnes Children’s Literature Festival: Barnes Children’s Literature Festival was launched in 2015 by a group of parents with a love of books and a desire to inspire the next generation of readers. The BCLF Schools Programme was launched in 2018 and is now the largest free schools programme of its kind in England.
- The main Barnes Children’s Literature Festival 2023 will take place over the weekend of 24th and 25th June on Barnes Green.
- BCLF also runs a monthly LitSoc children’s book club that takes place on a Saturday afternoon at St Paul’s School, Barnes.
- The BCLF Youtube channel has videos of previous online author events from 2020 and 2021.
- Find more literature festivals with dedicated schools programmes here.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!