Best Books for Schools
From Just Imagine
Resource type: School book supplier or specialist publisher
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Best Books for Schools is an independent online bookshop selling individual titles and curated collections for EYFS through to KS3.
Individual titles can be be browsed by age, genre and theme/topic. The curated collections cover all areas of the primary curriculum and include:
- Best Book Collections – regularly updated selections of the best books for different age groups featuring recently published titles across all genres.
- Reading Bug Collections – books selected specifically to engage more reluctant readers.
- Curriculum topic packs – fiction and non-fiction titles for a wide range of topics.
- Book Band Collections – selections of banded books for gold band through to sapphire band.
- Book packs to support the Just Imagine reading programmes: Take One Book and Reading Gladiators.
Cost: Prices vary but most titles come with a 26% discount on the RRP.
About Just Imagine: Just Imagine was established in 2010 by Nikki Gamble, a former teacher and university lecturer and author of Exploring Children’s Literature: Reading for Knowledge, Understanding and Pleasure. The literacy consultancy works with schools in the UK and abroad to develop outstanding reading and writing practice, where stories and literature are placed firmly at the heart of learning. As well as developing reading projects and programmes for teachers to deliver in schools, Just Imagine offers training and consultancy on a wide range of literacy topics.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- All the books featured have been selected by a team of literacy experts and book specialists.
- Flexibility to select your own titles or buy one of the curated collections.
- Curated collections offer a quick and easy way to stock a class or school library with quality titles that reflect the best of children’s publishing today.
- A Book Subscription Service ensures a regular supply of new books for the school or class library. Choose from five or ten books per term over a school year.
- Use the School Wishlist facility to encourage book donations from your parent and local community.
- Keep up to date with the latest book news with the In the Reading Corner podcasts with authors, and monthly Book Blast videos featuring the best of the latest publishing.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!