Resource type: Booklists and book reviews
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
BooksForTopics is a website dedicated to helping teachers find high quality texts to support all areas of the primary curriculum.
The books are reviewed by a panel of 50 reviewers from across the primary education community, ensuring that books have been tried out in a variety of school settings before they are recommended on the website.
Areas covered include:
- Book recommendations by age group for EYFS through to KS2.
- Booklists to support topics on the primary curriculum.
- Seasonal booklists.
- Recommendations to support diversity and inclusion.
- Literacy and Reading: including booklist to cover poetry, reluctant readers, first chapter books and whole school picture books.
- Reading for Pleasure.
About BooksForTopics: BooksForTopics was launched in 2015 by Alison Leach, an experienced primary teacher and English lead. Its recommendations have now reached over a million users, with thousands of schools accessing the booklists each month.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Booklists are continually revised and new booklists are added regularly, while the Books of the Month and Ones to Watch booklists allow you to stay up to date with the very latest titles.
- Sign up for free membership to be able to save favourite books or booklists to your personal account and vote in the Books of the Year award.
- The Branching Out booklists and printable display posters encourage children who have been hooked on a particular author or series to try something new.
- Packs containing titles from BooksForTopics’ most popular booklists are available to buy from Peters at a 20% discount.