Resource type: Booklists and book reviews
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
Books for Topics is a website dedicated to helping teachers find high quality texts to support all areas of the primary curriculum.
The books are reviewed by a panel of 50 reviewers from across the primary education community, ensuring that books have been tried out in a variety of school settings before they are recommended on the website.
Areas covered include:
- PSHE and Emotional Literacy
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Literacy and Reading: includes Reading for Pleasure, booklists by year group, poetry, books for reluctant readers and non-fiction.
About Books for Topics: Books for Topics was launched in 2015 by Alison Leach, an experienced primary teacher and English lead. Its recommendations have now reached over a million users, with thousands of schools accessing the booklists each month.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Booklists are continually revised to ensure that they are up to date, and new booklists are added regularly.
- The Branching Out booklists and printable display posters encourage children who have been hooked on a particular author or series to try something new.
- The Books of the Month and Ones to Watch booklists allow you to stay up to date with the very latest titles.
- Packs containing titles from Books for Topics’ most popular booklists are available to buy from Peters at a 20% discount.