Resource type: Booklists and book reviews, CPD resource, Author events
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
BookTrust Represents is a project created to promote children’s authors and illustrators of colour, and to support schools as they look to ensure that their pupils have access to a diverse and inclusive reading experience. The project provides access to:
- Booklists of recommended titles by authors and illustrators of colour, including picture books, middle grade and teen books.
- A programme of free online events with authors and illustrators of colour.
- Research reports into representation amongst authors and illustrators of children’s books.
About BookTrust: BookTrust is the UK’s largest children’s reading charity, providing books, resources and support to help develop a love of reading across every region in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Schools can view past BookTrust Represents author event in the virtual library.
- Schools that register for a BookTrust Represents online event may be eligible for a gift of free books.
- A useful starting point for schools that brings together recent research, booklists and access to free online author events.