Resource type: Online learning and apps
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Bookzilla is a free reading app created to encourage pupils in upper primary and early secondary to read for pleasure, whether they are already established readers or need some extra encouragement. Co-designed with teenagers, Bookzilla’s features allow users to:
- Set their reading profile and receive tailored book recommendations.
- Share reviews and recommendations with their friends and peers.
- Set reading dares and challenges
- Record and rate the books that they have read.
- Widen their reading repertoire with the monthly featured collections.
- Create their own ‘ones to read’ lists.
The app is available to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
About Scottish Book Trust: Scottish Book Trust is a national charity that promotes literature, and the benefits of reading and writing for pleasure. Founded in 1998, it delivers world-class programmes and annual awards for children and adults across the length and breadth of Scotland.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The Bookzilla app was designed by young people for young people.
- Find activities to introduce the app and support its use in primary and secondary schools in this free resource from Scottish Book Trust.