Branford Boase Award
From Branford Boase Award
Resource type: Book awards
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The Branford Boase Award is made annually to the most promising book for children of seven and upward by a first-time novelist. It recognises not only the author but also the contribution of the editor in identifying and nurturing new talent. The Award is judged by a panel of authors and children’s book experts.
See the winner of the 2022 Branford Boase Award here.
- The shortlist is announced in April.
- The winner is announced at a ceremony in July.
About the Branford Boase Award: The Branford Boase Award was set up in 1999 in memory of award-winning author Henrietta Branford and her editor Wendy Boase.
- There are free teaching notes for a selection of past winners available to download from the website.
- Find past winners of the Branford Boase Awards here.
- The Henrietta Branford Writing Competition is an annual writing competition for young people that runs in conjunction with the Branford Boase Award.
- For a full listing of children’s book awards, click here.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!