CLPE: CPD Training
Resource type: CPD course
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The Centre for Literacy in Primary Education has developed a programme of evidence-based CPD training that puts quality children’s texts at the heart of all learning. The programme includes a mixture of online webinars and face-to-face sessions that take place at CLPE’s London Centre.
Courses cover all aspects of literacy from phonics to developing a whole school literacy curriculum. A selection of the courses available is given below. For a full listing of CLPE’s current programme, please click through to their website:
- The Power of Reading: CLPE’s flagship programme to help schools develop a whole-school literacy curriculum based on high quality children’s literature.
- Planning a text-based curriculum: Participants will learn how to use a quality children’s text to deliver a comprehensive English curriculum.
- Teaching reading and writing for all year groups.
- Phonics: a range of courses covering approaches to the teaching of phonics across Early Years and KS1, as well as older readers at the early stages of reading.
- Language and grammar: a range of courses that look at developing vocabulary, punctuation, grammar and spelling within a rich reading curriculum.
- Understanding the reading and writing journeys: An introduction to CLPE’s progression and planning tools, the Reading and Writing Scales.
- Poetry: A range of courses that explore how poetry can be used to deepen children’s response to reading and help them to develop their own use of language as writers.
- Reflecting Realities, Nurturing Reader Identities: A webinar to help teachers identify and integrate quality inclusive and ethnically representative literature into their teaching.
- Using picture books in the primary classroom to make an impact on children’s reading and writing development.
- Using non-fiction in the primary classroom.
- Using historical fiction to develop a cross-curricular unit of work.
- Meeting the needs of children with EAL.
- Meeting the needs of more able pupils in years 5 and 6.
- Developing the role of English subject leader: Strategies and approaches to help develop a clear vision for teaching and learning in English across the whole school.
Cost: Range from £60 for a single webinar to £1450 for a 4-day face-to-face Power of Reading course.
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high quality resources to support teachers.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- CLPE’s training team are all experienced teachers who have held senior positions in schools. Their experience covers all aspects of literacy practice across the primary age range.
- All courses draw on best-practice and the learning from CLPE’s own research.
- Some of the courses include the opportunity to work with an author, illustrator or poet.
- Participants will come away with practical ideas and strategies to implement their learning in the classroom, as well as suggestions for high quality children’s titles for the classroom or school library.
- 99% of teachers who attended a CLPE CPD training course rated it effective.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!