Dyslexia Awareness Week
Resource type: Event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5, EYFS
Region(s): All of UK
Dyslexia Awareness Week 2022 takes place from 3rd – 9th October. The theme for this year’s Dyslexia Awareness Week is ‘Breaking Through Barriers’ and shines a light on both the barriers that individuals with dyslexia can face and how these obstacles have been overcome.
The British Dyslexia Association website has a number of supporting resources for Dyslexia Awareness Week, including:
- Two free webinars for parents and educators looking at resources and approaches to support young people with dyslexia.
- Stories and videos of dyslexic individuals who have ‘broken through barriers’ and gone on to become successes in their chosen field.
- A Helpline providing free information and signposting to anybody who needs it.
About the British Dyslexia Association: The British Dyslexia Association is the UK’s leading dyslexia charity. It is dedicated to promoting a dyslexia friendly society that enables dyslexic people of all ages to reach their full potential.
- The British Dyslexia Association offers a comprehensive programme of eLearning, virtual and bespoke training courses for parents and educators.
- Find recommendations for books that are dyslexia friendly or feature characters with dyslexia from BookTrust and Books for Topics
- Barrington Stoke is an independent publisher specialising in accessible, dyslexia-friendly fiction.
- The IncludEd in Your Classroom: Dyslexia poster highlights tips and strategies that all schools can implement to support pupils with dyslexia.
- Find more resources to support pupils with SEND here.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!