Resource type: CPD course
Price band: ££££
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
EAL Framework Process for Schools is an online training course to enable participants to develop a whole-school EAL teaching programme for young learners aged 6-16.
The interactive course takes place online over four days and covers:
- Introducing the context – factors affecting newly-arrived EAL students.
- Enhanced admissions procedures – strategies to help new arrivals transition into their school.
- EAL assessment and monitoring.
- Induction to English, gap filling and pre-teaching – how to plan and teach for effective, flexible and cross-curricular support.
- Language learning strategies – different types of language learning strategies to support learners in the classroom and in independent work.
- Planning and teaching for EAL – understanding how to differentiate and plan for effective EAL learning.
- Whole-school EAL framework – developing a whole-school action plan.
Please see the Across Cultures website for dates of the next available course.
Cost: £1650 (early bird discounts available).
About Across Cultures: Across Cultures provides teachers and parents with the skills and resources needed to successfully support their young English language learners within the demands of the curriculum.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The training is delivered by experienced EAL specialists.
- All the resources required to implement a whole-school framework are provided with the course.
- The course provides Across Cultures certification that allows participants to train others in their school.
- Support for school groups and MATS, whole-school INSETs and consultancy also available.
- The Learning Village is Across Cultures’ award-winning online English Learning programme for learners from any language background.