English Grammar CPD Courses
Resource type: CPD course
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
The team behind free English language teaching website Englicious offer half-day courses for primary and secondary teachers looking to develop or refresh their knowledge of English grammar.
There are three courses to choose from, all delivered online:
- English Grammar for Teachers: designed to help primary and secondary teachers develop their own subject knowledge and learn fun and engaging ways to teach grammar in the classroom.
- Teaching English Grammar in Context: an interactive course that looks at ways to teach grammar through the use of authentic texts. With practical ideas and strategies to take back to the classroom, the course also explores how grammar can be used to analyse texts from a wide range of genres.
- Primary to Secondary English Grammar for Teachers: a course designed to help KS3 teachers understand how grammar is taught in primary schools in order to better support and develop pupils’ reading and writing skills for the secondary curriculum.
Course dates for the rest of the academic year are available on the website. English Grammar for Teachers and Teaching English Grammar in Context are also available as six-week, self-directed courses on social learning platform FutureLearn.
Cost: £49 for a half-day online course. FutureLearn courses start from £52.
About UCL: Englicious was created by experts at the Survey of English Usage, a research unit at University College London. Founded in 1826, UCL is London’s leading multidisciplinary university. Its community of 13,000 staff and 42,000 students work together to develop sophisticated, interdisciplinary approaches to tackle the world’s most complex challenges.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The courses have been designed specifically to help teachers meet the grammar requirements of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The FutureLearn option provides the flexibility to start when you want to and to work at your own pace.
- Options to run one of the courses as an online or in-person INSET day are also available.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!