Resource type: Book awards
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The FCBG Children’s Book Award is administered by the Federation of Children’s Book Groups and is the only national award voted for solely by children from start to finish. There are three award categories:
- Books for Younger Children
- Books for Younger Readers
- Books for Older Readers
Children who are part of the nationwide network of the Federation of Children’s Book Groups select the shortlists for each category, but any child in the UK is eligible to vote for the eventual winners. As well as individual category winners, there is also one overall winner.
See the winners for the 2022 FCBG Children’s Book Awards.
- The shortlists are announced in February
- The deadline for online voting is in May.
- The winners are announced in June.
About The Federation of Children’s Book Groups: The FCBG is an umbrella organisation that coordinates and supports the work of local Children’s Book Groups across the UK. As well as events for parents and children organised at a local level, the FCBG also organises National Non-fiction November and other national events to help bring children and books together.
- Copies of the shortlisted titles are available at a discount from Heath Books.
- Find past winners of the FCBG Children’s Book Award here.
- Other book awards that offer an opportunity for children to vote for their favourite title(s) include The Bookbug Picture Book Prize, the Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Shadowers’ Choice Awards, the Excelsior Award, the Laugh Out Loud Book Awards, the Shropshire Bookfest Book Awards, the Spark! School Book Awards, the SLA Information Book – Children’s Choice Awards and the Young People’s Book Prize.
- For a full listing of children’s book awards, click here.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!