Resource type: Conference or Trade Show
Price band: £
Key stage: Adult
Region(s): England - South East
This year’s Federation of Children’s Book Groups Conference will take place from 5th – 7th April 2024 at Woldingham School, Caterham. The theme for this year’s conference is Saving the World, One Book at a Time.
The FCBG Conference is open to FCBG members and non-members. It features a range of talks and seminars with authors and industry professionals, as well as publisher exhibitions showcasing their latest releases.
Speakers and workshops for the 2024 conference include:
- Keynote Speakers: Sam Sedgman, Jenny Pearson and Christopher Edge
- An Evening of Poetry and Music with Roger Stevens, John Dougherty and Laura Mucho.
- Celebrating Anniversaries with David Almond and Cressida Cowell in conversation with Nikki Gamble.
- Disadvantaged Boys Have Feelings Too with Brian Conaghan and Nathanael Lessore.
- Engaging Readers with Non-Fiction with Nikki Gamble and National Non-Fiction November.
- Empathy in Picture Books with Mariajo Ilustrajo, Farrah Riaz and Kim Hillyard.
- Michael Morpurgo Celebrates his 80th Birthday.
- Transitions and Friendship with Lisa Williamson and Matt Goodfellow.
- Inclusion in Fiction with Sarah Hagger-Holt, Lisette Auton and Karen Owen.
Cost: from £280/£325 for FCBG members/non-members for the full 3 days. Single day access also available. Early bird discounts available until Monday 15th January 2024.
About The Federation of Children’s Book Groups: The FCBG is an umbrella organisation that coordinates and supports the work of local Children’s Book Groups across the UK. As well as events for parents and children organised at a local level, the FCBG also organises the FCBG Children’s Book Award and other national events to help bring children and books together.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!