Resource type: Online learning and apps
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
FlashAcademy is an award-winning digital EAL platform for schools. The platform teaches English from 47 different home languages and is suitable for students who are new to English as well as higher level EAL learners in primary and secondary schools.
The platform provides curriculum-mapped lessons, challenges and games that allow learners to work independently. Machine learning tailors the activities to the ability of each individual. The platform includes:
- Curriculum-aligned lessons that teach English vocabulary for Literacy, Maths and Science.
- Spelling games and drills.
- Phonics lessons.
- Grammar lessons.
- Instant pronunciation feedback to help students practise without feeling nervous about making mistakes.
The Teacher Dashboard allows teachers to monitor usage and set assignments for home and classroom use. The platform also includes a digital assessment feature that enables teachers to assess learners across the four key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening in order to target support and monitor progress through the year.
Cost: Available on request.
About FlashAcademy: FlashAcademy is a leading EdTech company based in Birmingham. It was founded in 2016 and is now the UK’s leading EAL platform for schools, used by over 650 schools and over 100,000 pupils around the UK.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The FlashAcademy app enables pupils to learn independently at school or at home.
- The assessment dashboard allows teachers to track progress by pupil, class or school and to print reports to share with staff or parents.
- Teachers can access more than 300 free EAL and language learning resources covering KS1 – KS4 to support learning in the classroom.
- Schools can access ongoing support to help them successfully embed the platform.
- FlashAcademy is the winner of a number of awards, including the ‘Digital Learning’ category in The Learning Excellence Awards 2021 and the ‘Tech Innovator of the Year’ at the Innovation Awards 2021.