At Literacy Hive we love a cross-curricular project that helps teachers target several areas of the literacy curriculum. If it’s also FREE, even better, which is why we wanted to make you aware of the Global Conversation project from The Economist Educational Foundation.
The Global Conversation is a five-week, fully-funded project that brings together students and experts from around the world to discuss a key issue of our time. This year, the topic under discussion is Gender Equality. Schools that sign up for the project receive:
- Free lesson plans and activity resources created by experienced teachers and expert Economist journalists to enable them to deliver five x one-hour lessons about gender equality.
- Free access to an online Student Hub, where students can discuss their learning and share their opinions with young people and experts from around the world.
- The opportunity to take part in exclusive competitions and be published in the Hub Highlights magazine.
The Global Conversation project runs between February 18th and April 15th 2022. It is suitable for groups of 8-34 students, aged 9-15. Participating students will require internet access.
So, if you are looking for a project that can:
- Support the PSHE curriculum around Respectful Relationships
- Help your pupils become better listeners and more confident speakers
- Improve critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Develop key media literacy skills
- Engage your reluctant readers
Why not sign up to take part in this year’s Global Conversation?