Resource type: School book fair
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, EYFS
Region(s): All of UK
Independent children’s bookseller Gobbledy Books provides a school book fair service for nurseries and primary schools that allows them to earn 20% commission on event sales to spend on books of their choice from the Gobbledy Books online shop.
A Gobbledy Books book fair offers:
- A wide selection of board books, picture books, non-fiction, chapter books and activity books sourced from top children’s publishers.
- Affordable prices – all Gobbledy Books titles are priced at £2.50, regardless of the RRP.
- The option of a virtual book fair run over 7-10 days, or a one-day in-person event for schools based in SE England.
- Experienced staff to set up and run an in-school event.
- Free postage for virtual book fair orders.
- Free promotional material to help schools and nurseries advertise their book fair and ensure its success.
Cost: Free. In addition, schools can choose a free book for every five books sold.
About Gobbledy Books: Gobbledy Books is an independent children’s book outlet that specialises in high-quality books at an affordable price. Founded by experienced bookseller Mark Keeble, Gobbledy Books aims to make it easier for parents and schools to access books and promote reading for pleasure.
Literacy Hive Likes
- Gobbledy Books takes care of all the book fair organisation so teachers don’t have to.
- Book orders from a virtual book fair are individually wrapped with the pupil’s name and class and sent to the school ready to be distributed by staff.
- Book fairs can be a great way to get new books for the school library or classroom without dipping in to the school budget.