Hay Festival Programme for Schools
From Hay Festival
Resource type: Literature Festival
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
The Hay Festival Programme for Schools offers free author events for primary and secondary schools as part of its wider Festival programming. The 2023 Programme for Schools will take place on 25th and 26th May with events for KS2 pupils on Thursday 25th and events for KS3 and KS4 pupils on Friday 26th.
With 12 events to choose from on each day, this year’s programme features over 20 authors, poets, scientists and broadcasters covering topics as varied as dealing with dodgy data to becoming a creative writing superstar. This year’s all-star line-up includes Jeffrey Boakye, Pamela Butchart, Emma Carroll, Joseph Coelho, Laura Dockrill, Matt Goodfellow, Anthony McGowan, Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock and SF Said. See the full line-up here.
Schools can attend events in person or view them live online. All events last for approximately 45 minutes and will also be available to view on-demand on Hay Player.
Cost: Free with registration.
About Hay Festival: Hay Festival is one of the world’s most prestigious art and literature festivals. It offers a platform for leading experts and award-winning authors to share the latest thinking, offer new perspectives, and spark conversations with curious audiences around the world.
- Teaching materials designed to support learning before, during and after the Festival are available for many of the events.
- Hay Player provides free access to recordings of over 70 events from past programmes.
- Hay Levels is a series of over 200 short videos covering the Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences where world-renowned experts share their thoughts and insights on topics relevant to A-level students.
- For more literature festivals with dedicated schools programmes click here.
- The main Hay Festival runs from Saturday 27th to Sunday 4th June with a packed programme for children and young people.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!