Resource type: Literature Festival
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
The Hay Festival Programme for Schools offers free author events for primary and secondary schools as part of its wider Festival programming. The 2024 Programme for Schools will take place on 23rd and 24th May with events for KS2 pupils on Thursday 23rd and events for KS3 and KS4 pupils on Friday 24th. The main 2024 Hay Festival will run from Thursday 23rd May to Sunday 2nd June. Further details to be announced.
Schools can attend events in person or view them live online. All events last for approximately 45 minutes and will also be available to view on-demand on Hay Player.
Cost: Free with registration.
About Hay Festival: Hay Festival is one of the world’s most prestigious art and literature festivals. It offers a platform for leading experts and award-winning authors to share the latest thinking, offer new perspectives, and spark conversations with curious audiences around the world.
- Teaching materials designed to support learning before, during and after the Festival are available in Welsh and English for many of the events.
- Hay Player provides free access to hundreds of event recordings from past school programmes.
- Hay Levels is a series of over 200 short videos covering the Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences where world-renowned experts share their thoughts and insights on topics relevant to A-level students.
- For more literature festivals with dedicated schools programmes click here.
- The main Hay Festival 2024 runs from Saturday 25th May to Sunday 2nd June with a packed programme for children and young people.