Just Imagine Online Training Courses
From Just Imagine
Resource type: CPD course
Price band: ££
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Just Imagine is developing a programme of online CPD courses to support the primary literacy curriculum. The courses have been designed for whole school development and offer a combination of online self-study modules, live online sessions and bespoke coaching. Participating schools receive:
- A year’s access to the training course.
- Up to 40 logins for senior leaders, individual teachers and learning support.
- Three hours of bespoke online coaching per school.
- Group sets of relevant high-quality titles.
An option for teachers to apply for the self-study route without coaching is also available.
Courses currently on offer:
- Reading Across the Curriculum: Science – develop a deep understanding of the specific reading and language demands of science texts; explore practical strategies to help pupils develop the comprehension and language skills that will allow them to build their scientific knowledge through reading; learn how to identify high-quality texts that will best support the science curriculum and encourage pupils to read science for pleasure.
Cost: £750 per school. £200 + VAT for individual teachers.
About Just Imagine: Just Imagine was established in 2010 by Nikki Gamble, a former teacher and university lecturer and author of Exploring Children’s Literature: Reading for Knowledge, Understanding and Pleasure. The literacy consultancy works with schools in the UK and abroad to develop outstanding reading and writing practice, where stories and literature are placed firmly at the heart of learning. As well as developing reading projects and programmes for teachers to deliver in schools, Just Imagine offers training and consultancy on a wide range of literacy topics.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- All courses draw on the latest research literature and have been developed with partner schools.
- Twelve-month access provides flexibility and time for teachers to share insights from the training or revisit modules as necessary.
- Extensive video material of classroom practice included in the online modules.
- Additional online or face-to-face support available on request.
- The Reading Across the Curriculum courses would be a useful starting point for KS3 literacy leaders looking at literacy development across subject disciplines.
- Courses in development include Reading Across the Curriculum: History; Reading Comprehension, and Grammar in Context.
- Bespoke consultancy and training from the Just Imagine team also available.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!