Resource type: CPD course
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
The Language for Results programme is an evaluated programme of CPD courses designed to develop the knowledge and skills of school staff involved in supporting children and young people who speak English as an Additional Language.
The programme is designed to form part of an integrated whole-school approach and includes courses to support all school staff, from Senior Leaders to Teaching Assistants.
Training is available for both primary and secondary settings and is delivered via a range of formats, including:
- Free webinars covering topics such as Vocabulary Development, Teacher Assessment, Closing the Gap, and Newly arrived Pupils who are New to English. A schedule of upcoming webinars is available here. You can also access recordings of previous webinars on The Bell Foundation YouTube channel.
- Online courses that provide a mix of online individual study and live interactive webinars led by course tutors with opportunities to work with other course participants. A schedule of upcoming courses is available here.
- Face-to-face courses delivered via accredited regional Centres of Expertise.
Cost: Webinars are free and online courses start from £43. Prices for face-to-face courses are available on request.
About The Bell Foundation: The Bell Foundation is an independent charity that aims to overcome exclusion through language education. It works with partners to provide access to practical, research-based solutions and training for schools and other organisations that support children and adults disadvantaged through language.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The courses have been designed by EAL teaching specialists and are based on the latest research.
- The Bell Foundation YouTube channel has an extensive library of webinars and videos to support EAL learning.