Scottish Book Trust Learning Resources
From Scottish Book Trust
Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
Scottish Book Trust have created a range of free learning resources to help early years practitioners, primary and secondary teachers promote reading and writing for children of all ages. Designed to link to the Curriculum for Excellence, the resources can also be adapted to the National Curriculum and include:
- Ideas and activities to engage pupils with reading generally.
- Tips on how to create book reviews and book trailers on film.
- Using wordless picture books across a range of ages and abilities.
- Bi-annual Book Discovery Guides with book recommendations for primary and secondary pupils.
- Resources and activities to embed creative writing in the classroom.
About Scottish Book Trust: Scottish Book Trust is a national charity that promotes literature, and the benefits of reading and writing for pleasure. Founded in 1998, it delivers world-class programmes and annual awards for children and adults across the length and breadth of Scotland.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
0131 524 0160
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!