Resource type: Online learning and apps
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Learning Village combines an image-based online programme with a range of offline resources to provide an inclusive and immersive EAL learning experience for students aged 6-16. It is suitable for learners from any language background, as well as SEND EAL students.
The programme provides over 19,000+ words and language structures, incorporating speaking, listening, reading and writing. t is divided into three Learning Journeys that cover all stages of EAL acquisition:
- Survival Language – day-to-day vocabulary and language structures to enable learners to talk to friends and teachers.
- Curriculum Content – supports the learning of academic language aligned to the school curriculum and enables faster integration into the mainstream classroom.
- Phonics – covers the study of letters, sounds and high-frequency words.
The content of each Learning Journey can be customised to ensure that students’ individual learning needs are met, while a tracking tool allows teachers to easily monitor and assess progress. The online platform is supported by a range of offline resources for small-group teaching and home learning support.
Cost: Prices start from £25 ex VAT per month for 5 students.
About Across Cultures: Across Cultures provides teachers and parents with the skills and resources needed to successfully support their young English language learners within the demands of the curriculum. Learning Village is their blended learning EAL resource.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Learning Village is specifically designed for schools and teachers.
- Choose from two programmes: ‘The Village’ for pupils aged 6-12 and ‘The Islands’ for pupils aged 12-16.
- Participating schools can make content requests for new lessons, flashcards and activities.
- Suitable for all EAL teaching, including children with SEND.
- Supports independent study and home learning.
- Online webinars and implementation courses available to support teachers.
- Award-winning programme.