Resource type: Event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Libraries Week is a week-long celebration of the work that libraries do to support their communities. Libraries Week 2022 takes place from 3rd – 9th October and will focus on the role that libraries play in supporting life-long learning.
The Libraries Week website provides free guides, posters and marketing toolkits to help promote Libraries Week.
About CILIP: CILIP is the UK’s library and information association. The charity works to develop and improve library and information services and to support and advocate for information professionals and librarians.
- The Schools Library Service (SLS) provides schools with access to a broad range of services and resources to support the curriculum. Find out more here.
- Support for local libraries is a key focus of Joseph Coelho’s Waterstones Children’s Laureateship as he aims to complete his Library Marathon, joining a library in every local authority in the UK and encouraging members of the public to do the same.
- Read the Life-changing Libraries campaign report on the positive impact that a well-resourced school library can have on children’s attitudes to reading and their well-being.
- Find tips and resources to help you keep your library up to date in our blog.
- Explore the Reflecting Realities section of the website for resources to help you build an inclusive and representative library.