Resource type: Event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Libraries Week is a week-long celebration of the work that libraries do to support their communities. Libraries Week 2022 takes place from 3rd – 9th October and will focus on the role that libraries play in supporting life-long learning.
The Libraries Week website provides free guides, posters and marketing toolkits to help promote Libraries Week.
About CILIP: CILIP is the UK’s library and information association. The charity works to develop and improve library and information services and to support and advocate for information professionals and librarians.
- The Schools Library Service (SLS) provides schools with access to a broad range of services and resources to support the curriculum. Find out more here.
- Support for local libraries is a key focus of Joseph Coelho’s Waterstones Children’s Laureateship. Follow his Library Marathon as he joins a library in every local authority in the UK, encouraging members of the public to do the same.
- Read the Life-changing Libraries campaign report on the positive impact that a well-resourced school library can have on children’s attitudes to reading and their well-being, and download the campaign’s recommended list of 1000 Life-Changing Books for a primary library.
- Find more tips and resources to help you keep your library up to date in our blog.
- Explore the Reflecting Realities section of the website for resources to help you build an inclusive and representative library.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!