Literacy for Learning
Resource type: CPD course
Price band: £
Key stage: KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
Literacy for Learning is a programme of live, online training courses for school leaders covering all aspects of literacy within the secondary curriculum.
The programme is divided into four Literacy Pathways, each containing a sequence of related training courses that build skills and understanding in a specific area of literacy. The courses in a pathway can be purchased individually or as a complete series.
The Literacy Pathways cover:
- Introduction to disciplinary literacy
- Developing disciplinary literacy within subject areas
- Developing reading within the curriculum
- Improving writing in secondary subjects
Courses can be booked as a scheduled ticketed course (see the NLT website for current dates and times) or as a group or whole-school INSET training session (available online or face-to-face).
Cost: Starting from £60 for a single ticket. Group sessions available on request.
About National Literacy Trust: NLT is an independent literacy charity working with schools and communities to give disadvantaged children the literacy skills to succeed in life. The charity runs literacy programmes, CPD training courses for teachers, and provides online resources and tools to its members. It also undertakes research into all aspects of literacy and campaigns to raise awareness of literacy issues.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Courses are delivered by experienced practitioners and the training is aligned with the latest evaluation and research.
- Group sessions can be organised with other schools in a network, federation or Trust to share costs and optimise shared learning opportunities.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
020 7587 1842
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!