Resource type: School book supplier
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
Little Box of Books provides curated selections of inclusive and representative books for pre-school and primary aged children. The books are selected from children’s publishers all over the world to reflect the diversity of families and communities and to challenge gender and disability stereotypes.
A Little Box of Books contains a selection of 10, 20 or even 110 titles covering picture books, early chapter books, graphic novels and middle grade fiction. Schools can choose from various options to suit their needs and budget, including:
- Books created by Black authors and illustrators.
- School Starter Pack.
- Early chapter books for KS1-2.
- Book selections for EYFS, KS1 or KS2.
- Class sets of 30 copies of a single title.
Cost: Prices start at £19.99 for a School Starter Pack.
About Little Box of Books: Little Box of Books was launched in 2018 by Lynsey Pollard and Neil Langston as a result of Lynsey’s own struggles to find books that represented her family to read to her child.
Literacy Hive Likes
- Little Box of Books allows schools to update their school library with high quality, inclusive titles quickly and easily.
- Providing books that allow all children to see their reality reflected on the page encourages wider reading for pleasure.
- An inclusive and representative library helps to promote understanding and respect for others.
- Little Box of Books works with charity Doorstep Library, donating books for volunteers to share with families living in disadvantaged areas of London.