Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The Wellbeing Wednesday schemes are a set of four themed health and wellbeing teaching programmes. Each programme is designed to cover a whole term’s learning with resource packs for each week that contain:
- A comprehensive teacher guide, including key learning objectives, vocabulary and a recommended teaching sequence.
- A high-quality cartoon animation available to view on YouTube or Vimeo that introduces each week’s character and theme and provides a powerful ‘hook’ to engage your class.
- A digital comic or flip book that completes the story introduced in the animation.
- A pupil task card and classroom activity to reinforce the new skill.
- A wellbeing journal to encourage pupils to reflect on their learning and how it can be applied in their own lives.
Choose from three themes:
Mental Health Heroes: features 12 wellbeing superheroes who must take their turn to battle the Negatron, a cloud of negative energy that threatens the inhabitants of Wellbourne.
Wellbeing Monsters: follow Eggmo, a newly hatched monster, as he meets all his new neighbours on Monster Lane. Each one teaches him a new skill to help him develop his own mental health and wellbeing.
Wellbeing Flock: learn skills to improve wellbeing from this colourful array of birds from around the world.
Waves of Wellbeing: An array of sea creatures talk about their amazing attributes that link to themes of wellbeing such as coping with change, keeping calm and coping with grief.
The Wellbeing Wednesday Schemes are available as part of the Ultimate Membership package on the Teacher’s Pet website.
Cost: £34.50 per year for a solo account. Whole school membership available from £349 per year, depending on the size of the school.
About Teacher’s Pet: Teacher’s Pet was created by a husband and wife team in 2010. Its mission is to provide quality teaching resources and engaging classroom content to inspire teachers and children alike.
Literacy Hive Likes
- Wellbeing Wednesday schemes are all differentiated for EYFS, KS1, LKS2 and UKS2.
- The schemes can be used in a single classroom or across the whole school.
- There are additional resources to create a themed Wellbeing Display for the classroom.
- All content matches the National Curriculum and Early Years guidelines.