National Reading Champions Quiz
Resource type: Competition
Price band: £
Key stage: KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The National Reading Champions Quiz is a competition that pits teams from schools across the country against each other in a test of their book knowledge.
The quiz is designed for keen readers aged 10-14. Questions are based on fiction titles and cover the whole spectrum of children’s publishing. The quiz consists of 80 questions divided across eight categories. Each category has a different theme and a variety of question formats.
Schools can enter one or two teams consisting of four members plus a reserve for their regional heat. The winner of each regional heat will then go through to the Grand Final.
The National Reading Champions Quiz is administered by the National Literacy Trust, supported by ALCS.
- Registration opens in December and runs to the end of January.
- Regional heats will take place from 22nd February through to the end of March 2023.
- The Grand Final will take place on 6th June 2023.
Cost: £20 per team.
About National Literacy Trust: NLT is an independent literacy charity working with schools and communities to give disadvantaged children the literacy skills to succeed in life. The charity runs literacy programmes, CPD training courses for teachers, and provides online resources and tools to its members. It also undertakes research into all aspects of literacy and campaigns to raise awareness of literacy issues.
About Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society: The Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society is a not-for-profit membership organisation that ensures that its author members receive money when their work is copied or used by a third party.
- All teams receive a certificate for taking part and there are book token prizes for the top three schools in each regional heat.
- Find sample quiz sheets as well as posters and other supporting resources to download on the National Literacy Trust website.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!