Resource type: Conference or Trade Show
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The National Literacy Trust Primary Conference 2023 will take place online from Wed 1st February to Friday 3rd February. The theme for this year’s conference is Empowering through Education.
In a series of twilight sessions, a range of expert speakers and practitioners will explore how rich dialogic talk, a strong reading culture and opportunities to write for pleasure support and complement each other in the primary classroom.
Key note speakers include:
- Mat Tobin – Senior Lecturer in Education: Primary English and Children’s Literature at Oxford Brookes University and author of Understanding and Teaching Primary English (Sage).
- Hydeh Fayaz: Assistant Head at St Matthew’s Research School in Birmingham and part of the EEF Expert Voices group.
- Ross Young – co-founder of the Writing for Pleasure Centre and co-author of Writing for Pleasure: Theory, Research and Practice (Routledge).
- Shareen Wilkinson – Director of Teaching and Learning at LEO Academy Trust and writer of educational resources and books for a range of leading publishers.
- Rachel Ratcliffe and Kate Wescott – Programme and Partnership Leads at Oracy 21, the national oracy charity.
- Mirela Brough – Assistant Head at Heath Primary School.
Cost: £50 per person. Premium NLT members receive a 50% discount.
About National Literacy Trust: NLT is an independent literacy charity working with schools and communities to give disadvantaged children the literacy skills to succeed in life. The charity runs literacy programmes, CPD training courses for teachers, and provides online resources and tools to its members. It also undertakes research into all aspects of literacy and campaigns to raise awareness of literacy issues.
- The conference also includes an interactive writing workshop on Wed 1st February at 10.00am with best-selling children’s author Sharna Jackson for pupil and teachers.
- Find out more about the work of the National Literacy and how to become a member here.