Resource type: School book supplier
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
Region(s): All of UK
The Norfolk Children’s Book Centre specialises in books for children and teachers. It currently stocks over 60,000 books at its Norwich-based Book Centre. Online purchasing is also available.
The team at the Norfolk Children’s Book Centre is made up of former teachers, headteachers, and librarians who review and select the best books from over 70 publishers. Additional services for schools include:
- Book approval selections: A collection of hand-picked books based on your chosen topic, age range and budget sent to your school. Any books that you do not wish to keep can be returned free of charge and you will only be invoiced for the titles that you keep. Ideal for schools that are not able to visit the Book Centre in person.
- School library support: The NCBC can provide an evaluation of your library provision and recommendations for improvements, such as updates to the book stock or suggestions on layout or shelving options. Any new books will be supplied with jackets and letter labels for fiction titles, or Dewey-classifications for non-fiction titles.
- Recommended booklists for selected topics.
Cost: Varied. Schools are eligible to a 10% discount on the RRP and free delivery on all purchases.
About Norfolk Children’s Book Centre: The Norfolk Children’s Book Centre is an independent bookshop founded by former librarian and life-long children’s book enthusiast, Marilyn Brocklehurst. Marilyn regularly reviews for The Guardian and has been a judge for various national book awards.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Expert advice to help schools find the right books for their pupils and get the best value for their budget.
- NCBC welcomes visits from groups of teachers as part of their Inset activity (but please make an appointment first).
- Schools can open an NCBC account to make ordering quicker and simpler.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!