OU/UKLA Teachers’ Reading Groups
Resource type: CPD course
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The OU/UKLA Teachers’ Reading Groups are local groups of literacy professionals that meet regularly in person or online to enrich their understanding of Reading for Pleasure. Led by volunteer Teachers’ Reading Group Leaders, there are now over 100 groups across the UK providing free CPD based on the latest pedagogical research.
The aims of the TRGs are:
- To foster children’s Reading for Pleasure by supporting members’ own reading and research-informed practice.
- To build a supportive community around Reading for Pleasure for literacy professionals locally and online.
- To share teachers’ development work via the Reading for Pleasure website.
About The Open University: The Open University provides world-leading, flexible, part-time study, supported distance and open learning for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
About UK Literacy Association: The UKLA is a registered charity dedicated to informing and supporting all those concerned with the development of language, literacy and communication.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- A no-cost, informal way to access the latest Reading for Pleasure pedagogy and share effective practice.
- Easy to join – simply email to register your interest and be put in contact with a local group.
- The Reading for Pleasure website hosts a range of useful free resources.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!