Resource type: School book supplier or specialist publisher
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
Peters has been supplying books to schools and libraries for more than 80 years. Based in Birmingham, the Peters bookshop has an extensive display of children’s and young adult books, with over 37,000 unique titles available to browse. Online purchasing with free delivery on orders over £75 is also available.
Every title that Peters stocks is read and reviewed by a team of library and curriculum specialists who can provide expert advice to help schools find the right books for their needs. Services include:
- A huge range of fiction and non-fiction to inspire reading for pleasure in schools.
- Titles to cover all aspects of the National Curriculum from EYFS to A Level, including reading schemes, Accelerated Reader quizzed books, set texts and text books.
- Curated book packs to support curriculum topics, or top up library or classroom reading for pleasure collections.
- Bespoke selection service from experts to help you find the best books to meet your particular requirements.
- Book reviews and recommendations for schools with a Peters account.
- School library audit and refresh services, including labelling and jacketing of stock.
- Interior design service and supply of library furniture to help schools create attractive and inviting reading spaces, however large or small.
Cost: Varied. Most titles come with a 26% discount on the RRP, and larger discounts are available on selected sets. Book packs are sold at 20% off RRP.
About Peters Ltd: Peters Ltd is a family-run business that was first established in 1935. It supplies children’s and adult books and library furniture to schools, academies and libraries.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- As a dedicated school supplier Peters understands the requirements and constraints of the schools market.
- Expert advice to help schools find the right books for their pupils and get the best value for their budget.