Resource type: Author events, Projects, programmes and workshops
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): Greater London and South East England
The Primary Shakespeare Company offers a range of Shakespeare Storytelling Workshops for primary schools. Choose from:
- Interactive Storytelling Workshop: a two-hour workshop based on one of Shakespeare’s plays that unlocks the story and includes some basic drama skills and games. Suitable for up to 30 pupils and can be tailored to KS1 or KS2.
- Storytelling Performance: An experienced storyteller will bring the story of one of Shakespeare’s plays to life to an audience of up to four classes at a time.
- Whole School Shakespeare Week: A combination of storytelling and drama sessions led by experienced theatre practitioners, supplemented by cross-curricular lesson plans based on the relevant Shakespeare play for teachers to use in class. Suitable for KS2.
Cost: From £150 for a two-hour Interactive Storytelling Workshop to £1600 for a Whole School Shakespeare Week.
About Primary Shakespeare Company: The Primary Shakespeare Company is a registered charity that aims to raise attainment and achievement in primary school children by engaging with Shakespeare. It runs a number of arts-based projects, sending theatre practitioners into primary schools in London and Kent to explore and perform Shakespeare’s plays. The Primary Shakespeare Company also works with Special Schools, developing fully inclusive participatory arts projects involving young people with complex needs.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Schools can choose from one of eight Shakespeare plays for the Storytelling Performances and Interactive Workshops, and one of six plays for the Whole School Shakespeare Week.
- A great starting point for understanding the stories of Shakespeare’s plays from the inside out.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!