Read to Write
From Literacy Counts
Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Read to Write is a programme of book-based planning resources for teaching writing from Reception to Year 6. The programme is based on tried and tested models and is mapped to the National Curriculum so that each progressive sequence of units covers the entire statutory curriculum for writing for that year group.
At the heart of every unit of work is a high-quality, vocabulary-rich text (Vehicle Text) that provides plenty of opportunities for writing. Within each unit of work you will find:
- A consistent, evidence-based teaching sequence: Immerse, Analyse, Plan and Write.
- Clear learning objectives for each step.
- Vocabulary learning and contextualised spelling, grammar and punctuation learning.
- Sentence accuracy work.
- Opportunities to use drama conventions to explore the text and deepen understanding.
- Model texts linked to the writing outcomes within the unit.
- Wider reading suggestions.
- Progression documents mapped to year group expectations.
Units of work are available to purchase separately or as Year Group Unit Bundles. Year Group Unit Bundles are also available as an online resource via an annual subscription.
Cost: £60 per unit. Annual subscription £60 per year.
About Literacy Counts: Literacy Counts is a team of consultants that work to improve outcomes for children in the teaching and leadership of English. They are also the creators of the Read to Write and Steps to Read programmes of work.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Many of the selected texts also provide strong thematic links to other areas of the primary curriculum.
- There are free introductory webinars available.
- Literacy Counts’ Read to Write Foundations and Steps to Read Foundations programmes of work were shortlisted for the Education Resource Awards 2021 in the Early Years Resource category.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
07522 514 759
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!