Resource type: Reading support
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): England - South West
Dorset Reading Partners only works with schools in the county of Dorset. They provide trained volunteers to support children who are struggling with their reading.
Reading Partners provide tailored one-to-one reading support to four children in weekly half-hour sessions throughout the school year. The sessions involve sharing books and other reading-related activities with the aim of improving reading confidence and encouraging reading for pleasure.
All Reading Partners have enhanced DBS clearance and undergo a comprehensive one-day training course before they are introduced to their school.
Cost: £180 per year.
About Dorset Reading Partners: Dorset Reading Partners is a small charity that has been supporting children in Dorset with their reading for 15 years.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Reading Partners are supplied with a box of high quality books and resources, providing children with a fresh choice of reading material.
- Children receive a personalized Certificate of Achievement at the end of the year.
- Reading Partners receive on-going support and training from Dorset Reading Partners staff.
- In 2019, 87% of participating children saw a good or excellent improvement in attitudes to reading, and 73% reported a good or excellent improvement in general confidence and self esteem.
- Subscribing schools receive discounts on other parent and helper training packages.