Resource type: Booklists and book reviews
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
Reading Well is an initiative that provides book recommendations to help people understand and manage their mental health and wellbeing. There are Reading Well collections for all ages, including:
- Reading Well for Children – a collection of over 30 titles aimed at children aged 7-11 covering a range of mental health topics such as managing feelings, worries, and coping with tough times.
- Reading Well for Young People – a collection of over 25 titles aimed at young people aged 13-18 covering a wide range of mental health issues, including body image, self-esteem and anxiety.
About The Reading Agency: The Reading Agency is a charity that runs UK-wide programmes that promote the benefits of reading for children and adults. Its vision is for a world where everyone is reading their way to a better life.
Literacy Hive Likes
- All the Reading Well titles have been chosen and recommended by leading health professionals in collaboration with young people, children and their families.
- A useful source of book recommendations for the school library.
- Some of the titles are also available as ebooks or audiobooks.
- There are free downloadable resources available for schools, including a book guide, an Assembly PPT and information on how to get involved with Reading Well.
- Welsh editions of the resources and some of the titles are available.