Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £££
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Ready Steady Write (new and improved Read to Write) is an online membership that provides access to a fully-resourced, sequenced writing curriculum with quality texts at its heart. Based on tried and tested models, the programme is mapped to the National Curriculum and covers the entire statutory curriculum for writing from Reception to Year 6.
At the heart of every unit of work is a high-quality, vocabulary-rich text (Vehicle Text). Within each unit of work you will find:
- A consistent, evidence-based teaching sequence: Immerse, Analyse, Plan and Write.
- Daily lesson plans with clear learning objectives.
- Word banks and contextualised spelling, grammar and punctuation learning.
- Sentence accuracy work.
- Full colour image galleries.
- Opportunities to use drama conventions to explore the text and deepen understanding.
- Model texts linked to the writing outcomes within the unit.
- Wider reading suggestions.
- Leadership and implementation guidance.
- Progression documents mapped to year group expectations.
Cost: From £1390 per year depending on the size of the school. Contact Literacy Counts for a personalised quote.
About Literacy Counts: Literacy Counts is a team of consultants that work to improve outcomes for children in the teaching and leadership of English. They provide CPD training and consultancy and are also the creators of a range of teaching resources, including the Ready Steady Comprehension programme.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Everything you need to plan and deliver an engaging and effective writing curriculum in one place.
- Online CPD modules available to support the programme.
- Many of the selected texts also provide strong thematic links to other areas of the primary curriculum.
- Ready Steady Write has been shortlisted for the Teach Primary Awards 2023.