Resource type: CPD resource, CPD course
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
The Research Schools Network was set up in 2016 to lead the way in the use of evidence-based teaching. There are currently 37 Research Schools in the network across England, appointed by the Education Endowment Foundation.
Research Schools work with other schools in their local area to help them use evidence more effectively to inform their teaching. They act as a source of information and provide training and CPD on how to improve classroom practice based on the best available evidence.
The programme of training sessions covers a wide variety of topics related to the curriculum and school improvement. Literacy courses include:
- Improving Literacy at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Reading, Oracy and Vocabulary
- Oracy and Learning Recovery
- Bridging the Word Gap at Transition
- What Every Secondary Teacher Can Do About Reading
Cost: Prices vary but range from Free to £350/person.
About the Education Endowment Foundation: The EEF was set up in 2011 by The Sutton Trust, as a lead charity in partnership with Impetus Trust, with additional funding from the Department for Education. Together with The Sutton Trust, the EEF is the government-designated What Works Centre for Education.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Interactive map allows you to easily identify a local Research School.
- Research Schools can provide practical support based on their own experiences of implementing projects in the classroom.
- The network helps schools to create local and supportive communities.
Visit the resource
0207 802 1676
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!