Steps to Read
From Literacy Counts
Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Steps to Read is a programme of teaching units for whole class Shared Reading that covers all aspects of word reading and comprehension from EYFS through to Year 6. Based on high-quality, vocabulary-rich texts, the themed units of work are carefully mapped to the National Curriculum and work together to ensure that the entire curriculum for reading is covered.
Each unit of work provides:
- A consistent, progressive, evidence-based teaching sequence.
- Links to the wider curriculum and opportunities for cross-curricular learning.
- Access to a wide range of fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts by top children’s authors to promote a love reading.
Units of work are available to purchase separately or as Year Group Unit Bundles. Year Group bundles are also available as online resources via an annual subscription.
Cost: £60 per unit. Online subscription £60 per year.
About Literacy Counts: Literacy Counts is a team of consultants that work to improve outcomes for children in the teaching and leadership of English. They are also the creators of the Read to Write and Steps to Read programmes of work.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Free online training webinars on how to implement the Steps to Read programme to best effect are available.
- Literacy Counts’ Read to Write Foundations and Steps to Read Foundations programmes of work were shortlisted for the Education Resource Awards 2021 in the Early Years Resource category.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
07522 514 759
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!