Resource type: Newspapers, magazines and comics
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The Phoenix is a weekly comic aimed at young people aged 7-14.
Each 32-page issue features a broad range of high-quality content created by top comic book artists to engage young readers, including:
- Action-packed adventures and laugh-out-loud stories.
- Non-fiction comics covering history and science.
- Drawing and storytelling tips to inspire the next generation of comic creators.
Cost: £109.99 for an annual subscription for 1 copy of the magazine.
About David Fickling Comics Ltd: David Fickling Comics is a sister company to the award-winning publisher David Fickling Books. Both DFC and DFB are small, family-owned businesses that are committed to publishing high quality stories that encourage children to develop a love of reading.
Literacy Hive Likes
- Comics are a great way to engage struggling or reluctant readers and encourage them to read for pleasure.
- A subscription to The Phoenix ensures that there is something fresh and new in the library or classroom every week.
- Graphic novel editions of popular stories originally serialised in the comic are available as part of The Phoenix Presents series.
- You can find more drawing tips from professional artists and comic book creators on the The Phoenix YouTube channel.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!