Resource type: Newspapers, magazines and comics
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The Phoenix is a weekly comic aimed at young people aged 7-14.
Each 32-page issue features a broad range of high-quality content created by top comic book artists to engage young readers, including:
- Action-packed adventures and laugh-out-loud stories.
- Non-fiction comics covering history and science.
- Drawing and storytelling tips to inspire the next generation of comic creators.
Cost: £109.99 for an annual subscription for 1 copy of the magazine.
About David Fickling Comics Ltd: David Fickling Comics is a sister company to the award-winning publisher David Fickling Books. Both DFC and DFB are small, family-owned businesses that are committed to publishing high quality stories that encourage children to develop a love of reading.
Literacy Hive Likes
- Comics are a great way to engage struggling or reluctant readers and encourage them to read for pleasure.
- A subscription to The Phoenix ensures that there is something fresh and new in the library or classroom every week.
- Graphic novel editions of popular stories originally serialised in the comic are available as part of The Phoenix Presents series.
- You can find more drawing tips from professional artists and comic book creators on the The Phoenix YouTube channel.