Resource type: Booklists and book reviews
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The Reader Teacher website features book reviews, book recommendations and booklists for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 readers and their teachers.
- 100 Recommended Reads for each year group.
- Monthly Must-Reads – The Reader Teacher’s top five newly published titles for each month.
- BookMatch lists – suggestions for further reading for fans of over 40 popular authors.
- Recommendations for specific areas such as non-fiction, reluctant readers and poetry.
- #ComingSoon video round-up of upcoming Middle Grade titles for each month.
The Reader Teacher also hosts the #PrimarySchoolBookClub, which meets on Twitter on the last day of the month between 7:00 and 8:00pm (@PrimarySchoolBC).
About The Reader Teacher: The Reader Teacher is Scott Evans, a primary school teacher and Reading Lead from South Wales. Before training as a teacher, Scott worked in several libraries and is passionate about the importance of school libraries and encouraging young people to read for pleasure.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Reviews and recommendations from a practising teacher.
- Posters for the 100 Recommended Reads and BookMatch booklists are available as free downloads.