Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS2
Region(s): All of UK
Twinkle NewsRoom provides classroom-friendly news and current affairs chosen and written by teachers. Twinkl Daily News updates every weekday to provide carefully edited stories from around the world written in age-appropriate language for LKS2 or UKS2 pupils. Each story is available to download and comes with the following features to support learning:
- Reading comprehension questions tailored to KS2.
- A 60s reading activity card to improve reading fluency and practise key reading skills.
- Explore, Write and Investigate activities to encourage students to delve deeper into the subject.
- Access to the NewsRoom archives for other relevant stories.
- Links to ready-to-teach resource packs created by experienced teachers to extend learning.
- A weekly Class Assembly presentation to encourage discussion and reflection.
Cost: Twinkl NewsRoom is available as part of the Ultimate membership package, which costs £8.49 per month for an individual. Whole school membership available on request.
About Twinkl: Founded by a husband and wife team in 2010, Twinkl is dedicated to helping teachers all over the world by providing quality resources that help save valuable planning time.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Twinkle NewsRoom can be used in lots of different ways throughout the school day.
- Ultimate membership provides access to all of Twinkl’s 600,000 teaching resources.
- A dedicated TwinklCares team is available 24/7 to answer any queries.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!