From Vocabulary Ninja
Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The Vocabulary Ninja provides a wide range of resources covering vocabulary, comprehension, spelling, grammar and punctuation. The resources are closely matched to the teaching requirements of the National Curriculum and include:
- Word of the Day: Weekly listings of 10 words with definitions, antonyms, synonyms and related content that can be used to embed vocabulary into the classroom on a daily basis.
- Topic Vocabulary Packs: Over 51 packs that provide lists of topic-focused nouns, verbs and adjectives to enhance pupil writing.
- Vocabu-Library: Title specific vocabulary packs designed to highlight and explain the vocabulary found within classic and modern children’s texts. There are packs for over 140 texts.
- Whole School Spelling System: Resources designed to help teach, practise and test spelling rules. Covering Year 1 to Year 6, there is a teaching resource pack to cover every week of the academic year.
- Whole School SPaG Starter System: Provides daily SPaG teaching resources for every day of the school year from Year 1 through to Year 6 to ensure consistency across the whole school.
- Comprehension Dojo: Designed to help pupils from Year 1 to Year 6 develop essential reading retrieval skills, these packs contain a high-quality non-fiction text with reading retrieval activities based on the eight core comprehension skills.
Resources can be purchased individually. Alternatively, you can buy an annual subscription that provides unlimited access to all resources for 12 months.
Cost: Annual subscriptions start from £20 for a single teacher and £79 for a 1-form entry whole school licence. Individual resources start from £1.99.
About Vocabulary Ninja: The Vocabulary Ninja, aka Andrew Jennings, is an Assistant Head Teacher, English Lead and Year 6 teacher, as well as the author of the highly acclaimed Vocabulary Ninja and the Comprehension Ninja series of workbooks.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Word of the Day resources are available for free, along with Ninja display resources, stickers and reward cards.
- All the resources are available to download and can be implemented in the classroom quickly and easily.
- Vocabulary Ninja and Literacy Shed have teamed up to create accompanying vocabulary packs for over 50 Literacy Shed videos.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!