Resource type: Event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
This year Anti-Bullying Week takes place between 14th-18th November and the theme for 2022 is Reach Out. In England and Wales, Anti-Bullying Week starts with Odd Socks Day, a day to celebrate the fact that everybody is different. The week finishes with Friendship Friday on 18th November.
Anti-Bullying Week is organised by the Anti-Bullying Alliance in England and Wales, by respectme in Scotland and by the Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum. All three websites provide resources to support schools, such as:
- Activity packs for primary and secondary schools to support Anti-Bullying Week plus complementary teaching resources developed with Twinkl.
- Debate resources for primary and secondary schools created in partnership with VotesforSchools.
- Advice for young people, parents and teachers.
- Access to free online training.
About the Anti-Bullying Alliance: The Anti-Bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations working together to stop bullying and create safe environments where all children and young people can flourish.
- Find resources to support Odd Socks Day, including a new song and accompanying video by Odd Socks Day patrons Andy and the Odd Socks here.
- Friday of Anti-Bullying Week is Friendship Friday. Anti-bullying charity Kidscape provide a range of free supporting resources for EYFS, and Primary and Secondary schools, including posters, guides, assembly ideas. Find recommended books on friendship for all ages in these booklists from LoveReading4Kids and CLPE’s Corebooks.
- BBC Teach has a collection of teaching resources for primary and secondary schools to support Anti-Bullying Week, including a specially designed Live Lesson for primary schools on Monday 14th November at 11.00am.
- United Against Bullying is a free, whole school anti-bullying programme for schools in England developed by the Anti-Bullying Alliance.
- Access a range of videos that can be used to start conversations on how to spot and tackle bullying, as well as other Anti-Bullying Week resources, from charity Family Lives here.
- Sign up for free assembly PowerPoints, activity guides, form time quizzes and other resources designed to enable students to lead their own Anti-Bullying Week campaign from The Diana Award.
- Find book suggestions to support Anti-Bullying Week for primary pupils from Books for Topics and BookTrust.
- Find book suggestions to support Anti-Bullying Week for secondary schools from BookTrust.
- You can also explore the supporting resources for World Kindness Day.