World Kindness Day
Resource type: Event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
World Kindness Day is celebrated on the 13th November. It is a day to promote and celebrate kindness in all its forms.
The website of the US-based Random Acts of Kindness Foundation has resources that can be adapted for use in UK schools, including:
- Ideas for games and activities to foster kindness and develop social emotional skills.
- Details of their Kindness in the Classroom® curriculum based on their six core kindness concepts: Respect, Caring, Inclusiveness, Integrity, Responsibility and Courage. The are teaching resources to cover all ages from reception through to secondary, including a 2022-23 School Kindness Calendar.
- Kindness quotes, posters, bookmarks and certificates
Cost: Free or free with registration.
About the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation: The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is a non-profit that believes that kindness can be taught and is dedicated to making kindness the norm.
- Anti-Bullying Week 2023 takes place between 13th – 17th November.
- Find ideas for whole-school, class or group activities to celebrate Kindness Day from Kindness UK.
- CLPE’s Corebooks and Book Trust both have booklists that cover empathy and kindness. Best Books for Schools also offers a selection of books for KS1 and KS2 on the theme of Kindness.
- Encourage pupils to think of others and promote reading for pleasure by running a Readathon sponsored read to raise money to provide seriously ill children in hospital with books and storytelling events.
- Find further book recommendations and other resources to support mental wellbeing in the Mental Health and Empathy section of the website.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!