Resource type: Books, ebooks and audiobooks
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Mantra Lingua is a publisher of bilingual books and language resources. Their list of titles includes:
- Bi-lingual editions of best-selling picture books
- Bi-lingual retellings of folk and fairy tales
- Bi-lingual dictionaries
Mantra Lingua books are available in more than 60 languages, all combined with English as the base language.
All Mantra Lingua books are sound-enabled. They have audio technology embedded in the pages that allows pupils to hear the story read aloud in both languages using Mantra Lingua’s talking pen, PENpal. PENpal also provides the facility for pupils, teachers or parents to record their own reading of a book.
Cost: £9.50 per book.
About Mantra Lingua: Mantra Lingua is a UK-based publishing house and the world’s largest publisher of dual language books. It combines the printed word with sound-enabling technology to supply bilingual resources around the globe.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The audio technology allows EAL learners to hear stories being read to them in their mother tongue, which helps them to understand the English words more easily.
- Language Starter Packs are available for a range of languages and contain a picture dictionary, three sound-enabled stories and a pre-programmed PENpal to help your new EAL student start their English language journey straight away.
- Mantra Lingua also offers a range of sound-enabled posters that can be used with the PENpal to provide translations of key terms from the National Curriculum.
- The Kamishibai Storytelling range of wordless Story Prop Cards can be used to encourage speaking and listening skills, role-play and co-authoring.