Resource type: Conference or Trade Show
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, EYFS
Region(s): England - South East
The autumn OU Reading for Pleasure Conference takes place on Saturday, 1st October at The Open University in Milton Keynes. The theme for the conference is Reading Teachers: More than Teachers who Read.
Through a series of key note presentations and evidence-informed workshops, delegates will explore ways to develop as Reading Teachers as well as strategies to help create engaged communities of readers in their schools.
- Story Talk and Story Play in the EYFS and KS1: explores strategies and resources that enable young children to engage with stories and narrative as a pre-cursor to reading.
- Reading Aloud Plus: explores the role of reading aloud and ways to enrich and expand established practice in order to encourage increased voluntary reading in pupils.
- Developing Reading Teachers Through Their Careers: strategies to support ECTs and trainees in their journey to become Reading Teachers and ways for more senior teachers to lead and influence others.
- Celebrating Reading: considers resources that teachers can use to design events that celebrate reading and support whole-school RfP Pedagogy.
- Reading Librarians and Diverse Libraries: explores the central role of the library as a space to encourage reading for pleasure and ways to develop a diverse collection of books to engage all young readers.
Cost: £40 per person, £35 per person for bookings of two or more (includes lunch and refreshment)
About The Open University: The Open University provides world-leading, flexible, part-time study, supported distance and open learning for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.