Ready, Steady, Read
From Usborne Publishing
Resource type: Sponsored reading event
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Ready, Steady, Read is a sponsored reading event that helps schools raise money to spend on books from Usborne’s extensive range of titles. In addition, a Ready, Steady, Read event allows schools to boost their sponsorship money by up to 60% of the value raised in extra free books.
A Ready, Steady, Read event is tailor-made to each school and can take many forms. It can be run across a term, in a rapid 24 hour race, or even over the school holidays. Reading can include anything from books and comics, to websites and recipes – every school sets its own rules. For younger children or children who struggle with reading, a Ready, Steady, Listen event ensures that everybody can be involved.
Ready, Steady, Read events are run by Independent Usborne Partners who take care of all the details: working with schools to set the parameters of the sponsored read, helping to publicise the event to parents, as well as providing resources such as reading logs, additional reading challenges and certificates of achievement to ensure that everybody is engaged. Click here to find your local Usborne Partner.
Cost: Free. In addition, schools can top up their sponsorship money with commission worth between 10% and 60% of the money raised, depending on the total value of the event.
About Usborne Publishing: Usborne Publishing is a world leading independent publisher. It is a family owned business that has been producing books to engage and inspire children of all ages for nearly fifty years. Usborne was awarded Children’s Publisher of the Year in the 2020 British Book Awards.
Literacy Hive Likes
- The Usborne Partner will run the Ready, Steady, Read event for you and can tailor it to support your school’s literacy objectives.
- While a Ready, Steady, Read event only offers books published by Usborne, this award-winning publisher has a wide range of fiction, non-fiction and activity books to choose from.
- Schools can spend their sponsorship money in whichever way suits them best, whether that is buying sets of class readers or a selection of new non-fiction titles for the school library.
- A Ready, Steady, Read event can be a whole-school celebration of reading with the added benefit of raising money for new books.
- Your local Usborne Partner can also help you organise an Usborne School Book Fair or an Usborne Author Event.
Visit the resource
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!