Resource type: Author events
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
Book a virtual or in-school event with one of the authors from the extensive Usborne list.
The event will be organised and run by your local Independent Usborne Partner who will take care of all the details, including:
- Working with you to find the author that best fits your school’s needs.
- Liaising with the author to find a suitable date.
- Arranging all the author’s travel arrangements to and from your school.
- Providing resources to help publicise the event to parents.
- Setting up and running a bookstall that features the author’s books.
A brochure listing all this season’s author events is available on the website. To find your local Independent Usborne Partner click here.
Cost: Prices range from £25 for a virtual ‘Meet the Author’ session to £600 for an in-person talk and workshop.
About Usborne Publishing: Usborne Publishing is a world leading independent publisher. It is a family owned business that has been producing books to engage and inspire children of all ages for nearly fifty years. Usborne was awarded Children’s Publisher of the Year in the 2020 British Book Awards.
Literacy Hive Likes
- The Usborne Partner will run the author event for you and can tailor it to support your school’s literacy objectives.
- Schools only pay the author’s costs, there are no additional administrative charges.
- Schools can earn up to 60% of the total value of any book sales in free Usborne books of their choice.
- Usborne publishes a wide range of authors, including a growing number of award winners.
- Your local Usborne Partner can also help you organise an Usborne School Book Fair or a sponsored reading event.