Resource type: Booklists and book reviews
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
Corebooks is a curated selection of over 800 titles for teachers to use when they are developing collections for their classroom or school. The list has been published by CLPE since 1996, originally as a printed publication but now available as a free online resource. All the titles have been carefully selected by CLPE staff in consultation with teachers to support children throughout their reading journey. The list is divided into three categories:
- Learning to Read – books chosen to support the reading of children who are still inexperienced readers or who are having some difficulty in reading.
- Literature Collection – books chosen to form the basis of a literature-rich curriculum with a wide range of genres and multi-layered texts that promote discussion and reflection.
- Information Collection – high quality non-fiction texts.
Cost: Free with registration.
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is a charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high-quality resources to support teachers.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The Corebooks list is chosen by experts and is regularly updated with new titles.
- Filters allow you to search for books by age range, Key Stage, and theme.
- The Wish List function allows you to create your own list of core books to share with colleagues or as the basis for a book audit.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!