Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids, Assessment and progression
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The EAL Hub provides access to an ever-growing bank of literacy-focused teaching resources that provide structured support and differentiation to enable EAL learners to access the curriculum in the mainstream classroom.
The resources cover all three stages of language acquisition in the EAL Hub Pyramid of Need, from New Arrivals (Tier 1) to more integrated EAL learners (Tier 3) and include:
- Assessment Pack that covers speaking and listening skills, vocabulary, reading and writing.
- Tier 1 resources to help schools set up their Induction Programme and welcome New Arrivals.
- PIVOT Packs to help build vocabulary using popular picture books.
- Text Talk Comprehensions that provide resources based on high-quality picture books to promote talk, word development, prediction and inference.
- Snapshot Mats that develop vocabulary around a topic-based image.
- Vocab Boosting Videos to develop comprehension and inference skills through talk.
- Topic-Based Comprehensions with carefully structured questions to develop recall and inference.
- Reading Hero Packs that provide a wealth of resources to scaffold the use of whole class texts.
- Story-Setting Prompts that provide an arresting image and sample paragraphs to explore vocabulary, prompt discussion and develop writing skills.
- Cross Curricular Topic Packs that include a range of resources to support popular topics.
Access to the resources is via subscription. Subscriptions are available for individual teachers or as whole school packages.
Cost: Starting from £25 per year for an individual teacher.
About Inclusion Hub: Inclusion Hub is the parent site for the EAL Hub and SEN Hub websites, which provide high-quality resources to support EAL learners and pupils with SEND in the mainstream classroom via structured support and differentiation.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Free samples of most of the resource categories are available to download.
- The Themes and Topics area pulls together resources on a particular theme from across all the different resource categories.
- New resources are added each week and teachers can put in requests for resources to support specific titles or topics.
- The resources can be used with any student in need of a literacy boost.
- Video tutorials covering the main resource categories are available.
- Subscription to EAL Hub provides free access to all the resources on the SEN Hub sister site.